Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Jonathan Mole, Henry Mole & Sons.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
• your name
• telephone number
• email address
• credit/debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of public task in order to fulfil your order with us.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
Henry Mole & Sons does not share your information with companies that may wish to sell to you. This protects you from receiving unwanted post, emails and telephone calls. In addition you can stop receiving information from us at any time; simply advise us of your preferences whenever we ask (online, order forms, telephone operator) or contact us.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, we hold your personal data for a period no longer than 5 years.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with us by letter, email or telephone using the details on the contact page.
Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.
Henry Mole & Sons uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. Our internal computer system is protected by a firewall to prevent intrusions ("hacking") via the Internet.
Henry Mole & Sons website uses a Thawte server certificate to verify our use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. This ensures that all sensitive information sent by you - such as credit card numbers - is encrypted and securely transmitted when you place your order.
You will see the padlock symbol displayed on your web browser when you are transferred to our secure server.
Cookies are small files that we store on your computer's hard drive (via your web browser) to aid the functionality of our website. These cookies may contain some or all of the following information:
• Your user ID number. This is created and recorded when you register; it allows us to identify you when you return
• Log in status. The website uses this to record whether or not you are logged in to the website
• The details of how you arrived at our website including:
1.The date you first viewed the site
2.The address of the web page from which you arrived at our website
3.Any search details you used to find our site (e.g. typing "silk ties" into a search engine)
4.The first page you viewed when you arrived at our site (also known as a "landing page")
• The ID number of your Wish List or any Wish List you may have viewed or bought from
• The ID number of your shopping basket
• The ID number of a tracking cookie which will help personalise our offers to you
• The ID numbers of products on the website so we can show you your viewing history
This data is used:
• To enable us to maintain your shopping basket and accept any order you may make.
• To track the success of online advertising/other online marketing activities.
• To help us resolve technical issues.
Your web browser will have options to do the following:
• Prevent cookies being accepted from individual websites.
• Prevent cookies being accepted from all websites.
• Notify you each time a cookie is accepted.
Please consult your browser's help files (found on the Help menu of most browsers) for instructions on how to use these options. Alternatively, contact us and we will provide as much assistance as possible.
If you decide to reject cookies from www.henrymole.com you will not be able to register or place an order online. This is because a cookie is used to store your user ID. If you still wish to order from us, but do not wish to accept a cookie, please contact us and our sales team will be happy to take your order via the telephone.
The Internet Advertising Bureau UK run a website to provide further information about cookies and how they are used. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org if you have additional queries or contact us
4.Your Rights and Respecting your Choice of Communication Methods
1.If you are an existing or new Henry Mole & Sons customer (i.e. you have made your first or a number of repeat purchases) via our website, you will continue to receive communications as normal by mail and email. You will additionally be given the opportunity to indicate your preferred method of communication each time we contact you.
2.If you are contacting Henry Mole & Sons for the first time, either by email, website order, telephone or mail order, you will be asked to indicate your preferred methods of communication. You can update or change your preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the details on the contact us page.
Should you choose not to receive information via one or all of our methods, we will contact you on an annual basis to ascertain if your position has changed and illustrate what offers or savings you would have received had you opted to receive communication from us.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. This will be checked each time you order. You can check the information that we hold about you by by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the details on the contact us page
Similarly if you find any inaccuracies, we will make the necessary amendments promptly or suppress your record in accordance with your communication preferences.
Should you have any specific queries regarding your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com or by using the information on the contact us page.